|"Your skin can be as Exquisite as any Princesses."|
As a long-time user of Pond's Cold Cream myself, I have long been fascinated by how many royal and noble women were part of Pond's advertising campaigns in the 1930s and 1940s. It is unclear to me if the endorsements by this women were genuine or paid...likely the latter. Nonetheless, it was surely a smart business move by Pond's Cold Cream to obtain the support of various European aristocratic ladies, which would have likely raised the brand's appeal amongst the population at large.
Having browsed through several Pond's adverts, I have compiled the following (and by no means authoritative) list of blue-blooded women who were purported by the skin care company to be users of their products.
- Princess Margrethe of Bourbon-Parma (née Denmark)
- Magrethe on Pond's: "Pond's Cold Cream quickly blots out lines. It keeps my contour firm." - April 1935.
- Princess Elizabeth and Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark
- Elizabeth on Pond's: "Truly the best and easiest method of caring for one's complexion...I always use Pond's!" - February, 1932
- Marina on Pond's: "The two creams, the cleansing tissues and the skin freshener keep one's skin lovely!"
- Princess Françoise of Greece and Denmark (daughter of the Duchesse de Guise)
- Françoise on Pond's: "I use Pond's Cold Cream. It smooths and softens my skin. Little lines have vanished." - October 1936
- Princess Isabelle d'Orléans, Duchesse de Guise
- Princess Henriette d'Orléans, Duchesse de Vendôme
- Princess Marguerite d'Orléans, Duchesse de Nemours
- Princess Xenia Georgievna of Russia
- Xenia on Pond's: "Every night, every morning, always before freshening my make-up, I use Pond's Cold Cream." - October, 1934
- The Duchess of Malborough (née Gladys Deacon)
- The Marchioness of Milford Haven (née Countess Nadejda de Torby)
- The Marchioness of Carisbrooke (née Lady Irene Denison)
- The Marquise de Polignac (née Nina Crosby)
- The Marchioness of Queensberry (née Cathleen Mann)
- The Countess of Galloway (née Philippa Wendell)
- The Countess Howe (née Mary Curzon)
- Lady Louis Mountbatten (née Edwina Ashley)
- Lady Astor of Hever (née Violet Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound)
- Lady Alexandra Haig
- Lady Georgiana Curzon (daughter of the Countess Howe)
- Lady Buchanan-Jardine
- Lady Esme Gordon-Lennox (née Rosamond Palmer)
- Lady Sibell Lygon